Chia Seed Nutritional Benefits
- Chia typically contains 20% protein – including all essential amino acids.
- A-Z of vitamins and minerals – A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C, D, E, K and folic acid.
- Rich in – calcium, copper, iodine, iron, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, phosphorous, potassium, silicon, sodium, strontium, sulphur and zinc.
- The ORAC value (antioxidant strength) for chia is higher than some berries at a score of over 10,000.
- High in dietary fibre – 1 tablespoon of chia seed can provide approximately 5g of fibre.
- High in omega-3 essential fatty acids containing more natural alpha-linolenic than any other seed.
- Unlike other grain crops such as oats, chia seeds are low in carbohydrates.
- Natural Appetite Suppressant – seeds absorb up to 12 times their weight in water and are digested slowly, so you feel fuller for longer.
How to use
Chia seeds have a light nutty taste, making them easy to add to recipes. Our ground chia seeds can be sprinkled on salads and cereals, added to smoothies and fruit juices, mixed into soups and stews, and used in baking. Chia is especially useful as a thickening agent.
If you have an allergy to sesame or mustard seeds then avoid consuming chia seeds
High level of omega-3 – may not be suitable for those taking blood pressure medication or blood thinners.
- Dark Chia Seeds – Salvia hispanica. Produce of Bolivia.
- Nothing Added – No artificial colours, preservatives, or added sugar.
- Supplied in a heat-sealed foil pouch for freshness and security.
- Made from PET/AL/LLDPE to provide high barrier protection against light, moisture and oxygen for extended life.
- Re-sealable for safe storage.